BBVA Information Technology España, S.L. (“BBVA IT”) provides the users (the “User” or the “Users”) of bbvaitspain.com (the “Website”) with the following general information data, in accordance with Article 10 of Law 34/2002 of 11 July on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (the “LSSI”):
Company name: BBVA Information Technology España, S.L.
Tax ID Number: B-61761953.
Registered office: Calle Azul 4, 28050 – Madrid, Spain.
Entry in the Commercial Registry: BBVA IT is registered in the Commercial Registry of Madrid in Volume 36822, Folio 34, Sheet M-659246, Entry 10.
Contact email address: In the event of any queries, users can contact BBVA IT by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The terms and conditions of use of the Website (the “Conditions of Use”) that Users must comply with at all times are listed below.
CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE WEBSITE
Acceptance of the Conditions of Use
These Conditions of Use govern the use of the Website provided by BBVA IT to its Users.
Access to and use of the Website by Users entails that they accept and undertake to comply with all the Terms and Conditions of the Website in full. Users must therefore carefully read these Conditions of Use, as well as the other Terms and Conditions of the Website on each of the occasions on which they intend to use the Website, as these may undergo modifications that will be announced to Users upon further access. BBVA IT reserves the right to update, modify or delete these Terms and Conditions of the Website.
Conditions of Use of the Website
The User undertakes to make acceptable use of the Website, acceptable use being understood to mean that which is in accordance with the current law, good faith and public order. Similarly, the User undertakes not to use the Website for fraudulent purposes or to behave in any way that could damage the image, interests and rights of BBVA IT or third parties. In addition, the User undertakes not to perform any acts with the intention of damaging, disabling or overloading the Website or preventing the normal use and operation thereof in any way.
The User is informed that, in the event of any breach of the content or obligations resulting from the Terms and Conditions of the Website or any other particular terms or conditions contained on the Website, BBVA IT reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate access to the Website, adopting any technical measures required for said purpose. In addition, BBVA IT reserves the right to exercise such measures in the event that it reasonably suspects that the User is violating any of the terms set out in the Terms and Conditions of the Website or any other particular terms or conditions contained on the Website.
BBVA IT reserves the right to update, modify or delete the information contained on the Website, including the content and/or services included on it, and may even limit or deny access to said information, at any time and without prior notice. In particular, BBVA IT reserves the right to eliminate, restrict or prevent access to the Website when technical difficulties arise due to events or circumstances beyond BBVA IT’s control which, at its sole discretion, reduce or annul the security levels or standards adopted for the appropriate functioning of said Website. To this effect, BBVA IT reserves the right, at all times, to decide on the continuity of the information society services it provides via the Website.
Content of the Website
The intellectual and industrial property rights over the Website, including the provision of the content thereof, the sui generis right over the underlying databases, the graphic design and user interface of the Website (look & feel), the underlying computer programs (including the source and object codes) and the different components that make up the Website (texts, graphics, photos, videos, sound recordings, etc.) (the “Content”), correspond to BBVA IT or its licensors. As for the distinctive signs included on the Website (trademarks and brand names), they are owned by BBVA IT or its licensors.
Use of the Website by the User does not entail the assignment of any intellectual and/or industrial property rights over the Website, the Content and/or BBVA IT’s distinctive signs. To this effect, by means of these Conditions of Use, except in cases in which it is legally permitted or with BBVA IT’s prior authorization, the User is expressly prohibited from reproducing, transforming, distributing, publicly disclosing, making available, extracting and/or reusing the Website, its Content and/or BBVA IT’s distinctive signs or those of any other third parties included on the Website. BBVA IT reserves the right to take the corresponding legal action against Users who violate or infringe intellectual and/or industrial property rights.
BBVA IT grants Users who respect the Terms and Conditions of the Website authorization to use the Website on a non-exclusive basis, during the maximum period of validity of the intellectual and industrial property rights, as established by the applicable regulations (except in the event that their access to the Website is suspended for a just cause), so that Users may use the Website in accordance with this document.
Similarly, BBVA IT declares the following:
- The information contained on the Website is for informational purposes and does not provide any kind of recommendation, nor can it be regarded as legal, fiscal, financial, investment-related or technical advice, nor an offer or guarantee from BBVA IT, nor should it be regarded as a recommendation to carry out operations, nor shall it constitute the basis for decision-making in a certain direction; BBVA IT declines all liability for the use of the information contained on the Website made in this regard, and, specifically, it must be understood that said information, subject to the regulations in force in Spain, is not intended for Users who act under other jurisdictions in other States that demand compliance with different requirements for the provision, disclosure or advertising of information of this kind.
- The information provided by BBVA IT on the Website does not constitute a technical opinion of BBVA IT.
- BBVA IT disclaims any liability if the information contained on the Website does not meet the User’s expectations. BBVA IT cannot be held liable for the truthfulness, accuracy, sufficiency, completeness or updated nature of any information that it has not created and for which another source is indicated. Nor can BBVA IT be held liable for the opinions and comments that may appear on the Website, as they could either be made by Users on a personal basis or come from the sources indicated.
- BBVA IT reserves the right to update, modify or delete the information contained on the Website in the terms indicated above, without assuming any undertaking to announce changes or modify the content thereof.
The User ACKNOWLEDGES AND ACCEPTS BBVA IT’s above declarations and, in addition, GUARANTEES compliance with the applicable regulations as a User of this Website.
Establishment of links to the Website
The establishment of links to the Website is prohibited unless they have previously been authorized by BBVA IT. In any event, once the link has been authorized by BBVA IT, it must be established in the following terms:
- The link may not consist of frames that permit visualization of the Website via internet addresses other than those of the Website or in any other way display the Website information together with that included on other web pages.
- No false, inaccurate or incorrect declarations regarding the Website and/or BBVA IT may be made via the website that introduces the link (the “Linking Site”).
- On no account does the authorization granted by BBVA IT mean that: (i) BBVA IT sponsors, confirms, verifies or supervises the content and/or services provided via the Linking Site or that (ii) BBVA IT is in any way liable for the content of the Linking Site.
- The Linking Site must faithfully comply with the Law and may not, under any circumstances, contain content, either its own or that of third parties, that: (i) is unlawful, damaging to third-party rights, harmful, degrading, violent, unsuitable or in any other way contrary to morals, uses and good customs (e.g. pornographic or racist content), (ii) induce or may induce the User to have the false impression that BBVA IT subscribes to, endorses, adheres to or in any way supports the sender’s lawful or unlawful ideas, statements or expressions and (iii) are inappropriate or not relevant to BBVA IT’s activity.
In the event of non-compliance with any of the above-mentioned terms, BBVA IT may take the legal measures that may be appropriate in this regard.
In order to help the User to find additional information, BBVA IT may include several technical link devices enabling the User to access other websites (“Linked Sites”). In these cases, BBVA IT acts as a provider of intermediation services, in accordance with the provisions of Article 17 of the LSSI. In accordance with the provisions of the above-mentioned legislation, BBVA IT cannot be held liable for the services and content provided via the Linked Sites, unless it is aware of their unlawfulness and has not disabled the link with due diligence.
On no account does the existence of Linked Sites entail any recommendation, promotion or identification or BBVA IT’s agreement with the declarations, content or services provided via the Linked Sites. Consequently, BBVA IT cannot be held liable for the content of the Linked Sites, nor their conditions of use and privacy policies, and Users are solely responsible for checking and accepting them every time they access and use them.
Reporting of activities of an unlawful and inappropriate nature
In the event that the User or any other internet user becomes aware that any kind of content or information on the Website, or any provided via it, is unlawful, damaging to third-party rights, harmful, degrading, violent, inappropriate, contrary to the provisions of these Conditions of Use or in any other way contrary to morals, uses and good customs, they may contact BBVA IT, indicating the following details:
- the sender’s personal data: name, address, phone number and email address;
- a description of the facts revealing the unlawful or inappropriate nature of the content or information, as well as the specific address via which it is available;
In the event of an infringement of third-party rights, such as intellectual and industrial property rights, the data of the owner of the infringed right must be provided whenever it is a person other than the reporting party. He/she must also provide evidence that proves the ownership of the infringed rights and, as appropriate, the representation to act on behalf of the owner whenever said person is different from the reporting party.
BBVA IT’s receipt of the communication as set out in this clause shall not entail, in accordance with the provisions of the LSSI, effective knowledge of the activities and/or content indicated by the reporting party when this is not obvious or evident. In any event, BBVA IT reserves the right to suspend or withdraw any content which, although not unlawful, is contrary to the standards established in these Conditions of Use, weighing up the legal interests in conflict in each case.
Liability of BBVA IT
The User must be aware that communication on open networks is exposed to a number of threats that make it insecure. It is the User’s responsibility to adopt all the appropriate technical measures to reasonably control said threats and, among them, to have updated systems to detect malicious software, such as viruses, Trojans, etc., as well as to update the security patches of the relevant browsers. For further information you can view BBVA IT’s Security Policy or contact your internet access service provider, who will provide you with solutions suited to your needs. Within the maximum scope permitted by the applicable law, BBVA IT cannot be held liable for any harm or loss caused to Users as a result of risks inherent in the medium used, nor any caused by vulnerabilities in their systems and tools. Nor can BBVA IT guarantee the total security of its systems and, although it has adopted the appropriate security measures, it cannot completely rule out the existence of vulnerabilities and, consequently, Users must take precautions when interacting with the Website.
In particular, BBVA IT cannot be held liable for:
- damages in respect of harm or loss of any kind caused to the User’s computer equipment due to viruses, worms, Trojans or any other harmful element.
- Damages in respect of harm or loss of any kind caused to the User as a result of failures or disconnections in the telecommunications networks leading to the suspension, cancellation or interruption of the Website service during the provision thereof. In this regard, the User acknowledges that access to the Website requires services provided by third parties beyond BBVA IT’s control (e.g. telecommunications network operators, access providers, etc.) whose reliability, quality, continuity and functioning are not BBVA IT’s responsibility, nor is it part of its responsibility to guarantee the availability of the service.
- Third-party information in cases in which BBVA IT acts as an intermediation service provider in the meaning stated by the LSSI, except when it has effective knowledge and the corresponding information has not been withdrawn.
BBVA IT cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damages suffered by Users due to inappropriate use of this Website or its content, nor does it give any undertaking to announce changes or modify the content.
Personal data protection
The aspects related to the processing of Users’ personal data as a result of use of the Website are governed by the Personal Data Protection Policy.
In accordance with Article 3 of the LSSI, the laws applicable to the information society services that BBVA IT provides via the Website will be those in force in Spain. Spanish law shall therefore apply to any litigation concerning this Website or any related conflicts between the Registered User and BBVA IT.