Like other websites, bbvaitspain.com (the “Website”) employs a technology commonly known as “cookies” to collect information on the use of our Website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that are downloaded onto your terminal equipment in order to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for their installation.
What are the cookies on this Website used for?
We use proprietary and third-party cookies to improve our services, customise our Website, facilitate our users’ browsing, provide you with an improved experience in your use of the Website, identify problems in order to improve it, draw up usage measurements and statistics and display advertising related to your preferences by analysing your use of the Website.
What kind of cookies does our Website use?
Depending on the purpose:
- Personalisation cookies. These enable the user to access the service with certain pre-defined general features based on a set of criteria related to the terminal, such as the language, the type of browser via which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies. These enable the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the website to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this kind of cookie is used in the measurement of the activity on the website, platform or application and for the creation of browsing profiles for the users of said website, platform or application, in order to make improvements in keeping with the analysis of the data on the usage made by the users.
- Advertising cookies. These enable us to manage the range of advertising spaces on the website as effectively as possible, adapting the content of the advert to the content of the requested service or to the use you make of our website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. These enable us to manage the advertising spaces on the website as effectively as possible. These cookies store information on users’ behaviour by means of the constant observation of their browsing habits, enabling the development of specific profiles to display advertising based on the latter.
Depending on their duration, the cookies may be:
- Session cookies. These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. These cookies are not stored on the user’s computer when the session expires or when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data remain stored on the user’s computer; they can be accessed and processed when the user leaves the web page or connects to it again. These cookies can be deleted by the user at any time.
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Proprietary cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website via which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website via which the service requested by the user is provided, but by another entity that processes the data obtained by means of the cookies. Similarly, in the event that the cookies are installed via a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website but the information collected by them is managed by a third party, they will also be regarded as third-party cookies.
The Website collects information on the user by means of installing the following cookies on the hard drive:
|PHPSESSID||Proprietary||Personalisation||Permanent||This cookie is used by the PHP encryption language to allow the SESSION variables to be saved on the web server. This cookie is essential for the functioning of the website.|
|_icl_current_language||Proprietary||Personalisation||Session||To remember the session language to facilitate browsing.|
The procedures are exclusively managed and controlled by each provider of the third-party cookies.
|_ga||Analysis||2 years||Statistics on website use and browsing (used to distinguish the users)|
|_gid||Analysis||24h||Statistics on website use and browsing (used to distinguish the users)|
|_gat||Analysis||1 minute||Statistics on website use and browsing (used to limit the percentage of requests)|
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer at any time by modifying the configuration settings of the browser installed on your computer:
Disabling the cookies will not prevent you from browsing the Website, although the use of some of its services may be restricted and, therefore, your browsing experience may be less satisfactory.
We may process your personal data while you browse the Website (e.g. via your IP address). For further information on our data protection policy please click here.
Withdrawing your consent